Monday, January 12, 2009

So Far, So Good.

My first day back in classes has been a good one; it's all intoductions and syllabi for the first week, practically. I started back work today and am glad to be back at my little desk, surprisingly enough. Rehearsals for my show start tonight as well, and I couldn't be more nervous; we've got less than a month and a half before we showcase. I've filled out the application for my summer job (Children's Theatre camp counsellor/ assistant director) which should fill up most of my summer. I've been doing a really good job at saving money, seeing as Hilary, Sarah and I are trying to get an apartment, at least for the summer. We're looking to have an apartment booked by March so that we can for sure move in by our finals week in May. And honestly, I can't help but have an odd sense of accomplishment about the fact that I can save money and not spend it frivolously on things I don't need. I'm proud of myself for being able to (for the most part) stay on top of things. Please note, Dad, I said for the most part. I have needed a kick or two to get into gear, but I think now that the gears are turning, I'll be more on track. And... I can actually go to my classes. That seems to be a big deal, because I know a lot of people who end up failing classes just because they can't show up. That's just idiodic. You're paying for the classes... why would you pay to fail? Anyway, I should get back to things while I have the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment